Mileage / meals allowances - missing feature?

Hello,

Please let me know how QuickFile deals with mileage / meals allowances. I can’t see anywhere an option for an employee to claim mileage allowance.

SD

Hi @SebastianDerwisinski

Mileage claims are posted to a purchase invoice, we have an explanation on how to do that here.

Accounting for business mileage expenses

If there’s anything you’re unsure of please don’t hesitate to get back to us.

I’m glad @SebastianDerwisinski has already posted about this. The suggested link to Mileage is convoluted and too long. Please can the feature of Mileage be added in the capacity of a simple “xxx” miles . There was also the request for mileage to be a standard feature via Is it possible to add mileage but for whatever reason Co-Founder Gregg said it was unlikely they’d be doing it natively which I found bizarre given its such a basic need.

Ideally, you could simply enter a line of “Mileage” of say “3 miles” (or km whatever) and then you can run a report of Cumulative Mileage for a given date range. Then you can submit that to your CPA as required.
Additionally a subs-line of TO , FROM with postal codes (or Zip codes) would be good for details and reason.

Does anyone else have an input on this please? Can’t just be me

This is really an application of quantities in purchases. For milage we would need to be able to enter a decimal quantity although that is a feature that I would like to see on sales and purchases.