Need a clean slate

New to Quickfile, new to book keeping - need a fresh start - please!

So after spending time tagging receipts in the hub (I must admit I didn’t realise each one would need its own purchase invoice to allow it to be matched on the bankfeed). So mistakes were made and now this has resulted in duplicated purchases showing on my bank feed, I then deleted a ‘real’ transaction entry on the bank feed by mistake and have just read there is no way to refresh this bank feed (once its gone its gone)…anyway as a few things have gone wrong and I am still learning, is it possible to wipe my account clean and start from scratch - I was planning on doing it for a month or so to get into the swing of things so this won’t actually affect my accounting setup. I will duplicate all the files in my dropbox receipt hub as a backup now.

My other question would be is there a way when mistakes are made when tagging receipts in the receipt hub to edit them after? Eg date was wrong, payment allocation was wrong? and once these edits are made will it help match to the transaction on the bank feed?

Thanks

Hi @lauren

Yes, you can delete your data and start fresh if you like. There are more details here: How do I clear my account?

Unless you tick the “Paid in full” box on the receipt hub, it will only create an invoice for it. The invoice is editable unless it’s locked (e.g. by year end or a VAT return). But generally, if you view the invoice, you can edit these details.

If you are creating a payment, the invoice will still be editable, but of course you have the payment linked to it too. On the bank statement view you can edit the date for most transactions (there are a few exceptions like foreign currency transactions), but just simply click on the date and change it. You can do the same with the description too.

Hope that helps! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks Matthew - - - it helps a little, thing is i don’t tag receipts until they are paid - (we pay pretty much everything on immediately and also 90% of these documents in the receipt hub are cash/card/online orders/ direct debits so money has left account already.

I thought having the receipt hub would simplify things but to be honest it’s just made things even more complex for me (I just want an easy life) and when mistakes are made (which they will be because i’ve discovered im not great at this) its hard to rectify…not being negative about your platform, it’s great and im sure i will get into the swing of things, I just want to make sure I am not missing something that makes this easier…for example if I buy some printer paper from Tesco and pay on the debit card, I then upload this receipt to dropbox, I then have to fill in the info and tag the receipt on the hub which then creates a purchase invoice, which will then (if I’m lucky) match to a transaction in the bank feed (or if im not create a duplicate bank feed transaction)?
Is there is no way I can tag receipts from the bank feed section instead? To tag there and then choose a receipt to link it to in the hub would make life so much easier for me and also avoid me creating duplicates in the bank feed (which has already happened).
:exploding_head:
:pleading_face:

Absolutely! If you click the “Tag me” button next to the transaction, you can simply select “Payment to supplier” and create the invoice that way.

When it comes to the receipt hub, you just enter the total value of the receipt/invoice, and it should show it for you to click and link (providing the value matches).

2 Likes

Ah Brilliant - Just tried it and so much better for my backwards method so pleased I asked. Thank you!

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 7 days. New replies are no longer allowed.