New email sent log

Today we have added a new email sent log that will allow you to obtain a copy of any emails sent by QuickFile, this is available to all Power User subscribers. The log is retained for 6 months (starting from 17th September) and will include the following information.

• Date and time
  • Email subject
  • Recipient email address
  • Message body (html email body)
  • SMTP server used (for those with their own SMTP credentials)
  • SMTP response time in seconds

You will find the email sent log in your main list of account settings, we’ve created a new header called “Audit”. You must be logged in as the administrator to search the sent email log.

You also have an advanced search tool here for isolating emails by recipient address, subject and date.

We hope the sent email log will be useful as an audit tool for verifying any amendments made to the default message templates. You can also use it for verifying exactly when and to whom a message was sent. If you are using your own SMTP server for sending emails this log will show you if your server is running slow or timing out.

3 Likes

Is it possible that in doing this you have inadvertently broken the invoice email formatting?

I’ve just noticed that our outgoing emails aren’t looking right:

I may be barking up completely the wrong tree. Just came on the forums to see if anyone else was having any trouble and noticed that there was a new email feature being rolled out and put 2 and 2 together (maybe coming up with 5).

This is not actually related to the Sent Mail Log but a migration we rolled out last night. We’re working on a fix now, so I will report back when it’s done.

EDIT:

Apologies, this however should be fixed now!

This topic was automatically closed after 6 days. New replies are no longer allowed.