New Phone, DropBox not polling

Hi,

I’ve had a new phone and installed all my apps etc.

With my old phone, I used CamScanner and DropBox with Receipt Hub.

The receipt hub has stopped picking up new receipts.

I followed all the instructions on the checklist at:

but still no connection.

It says on that page “If you have tried all the above please post a message on the forum and we will manually poll your account to see what’s happening.”

Hope you can help. :smile:

Thanks

Hi @Darren_Smith

I believe I located your account (account number ending 074), and manually polled Dropbox, but as there were no errors shown.

You mentioned you’re uploading them from your phone - do you see the files if you view your account at www.dropbox.com?

Hi,

Yes, I use CamScanner, name the image and then in CamScanner there are two options for DropBox

1. Add to DropBox and 2. Share with DropBox.

I have always used Add to DropBox as a pdf and on my phone it shows the correct folder location for QF.

When I log into DropBox on my PC I checked the folder location and it is:

DropBox–> Apps–>Quick File Receipts–>Imported–>***074

And when I Add to dropBox from my phone, the receipt does show in this folder.

One thing I have noticed though is that before it stopped working, the upload date would be added automatically to the file in American date format at the beginning of the filename, then the filename I used is after that.

After I had a new phone, the upload date isn’t being prefixed, only the filename I have given it is showing.

Not sure if this might mean anything but I thought I’d mention it.

I’ve just added a test receipt from my phone, called Test_1.pdf.

I won’t try to poll DropBox from inside QF, but I have just checked it is in DropBox on my PC and it is showing there.

Thanks

Thanks for the information @Darren_Smith. There are a few things I just want to run through here to try and get this working for you.

I think this is where the issue is. The Imported folder is for files we’ve already processed. If you only have the one QuickFile account connected to Dropbox, then the file should be in the Quick File Receipts folder. If you have multiple accounts connected, they should be in Quick File Receipts\6131400000 where 6131400000 is your QuickFile account number.

So, for example, if I have just the one QuickFile account connected with my Dropbox account, I would save the file to Dropbox\Apps\Quick File Receipts. QuickFile will then pick up the file, process it and move it to the Imported folder.

Let me know if that helps?

Hi,

Yes, that’s fixed it !

Thanks for your help.

PS. I spent ages trying to find out how to tell CamScanner that I wanted to change the destination upload location of the file into DropBox.

I was about to give up when I accidentally swiped right on my phone’s screen - and there it was - the upper folders appeared!

Hope this might help save someone else some time if they have a similar issue !

1 Like

Glad to hear you got it working! :smiley:

Please don’t hesitate to let us know if you need help with anything else.

This topic was automatically closed after 7 days. New replies are no longer allowed.