At the moment it is only possible to have outbound emails from QF to clients coming from one email address. This is limiting as some would be much better coming from other addresses, e.g. for us:
- Quotations from the person raising the quote (so enquiries from the client about the quote go back to the right person)
- Invoices from a generic accounts address
- Invoice reminders from a creditcontrol address (makes us look bigger than we are!)
I think the way this could work is:
- Have a default address, as you do now in QF
- For each outbound email template (e.g.New Estimate Created, New Purchase Order Created etc) you have three settings for outbound email against that template 1) Use global default sender address from email settings, 2) Use a specified sender address which will always be used for that template and 3) Use the current logged in users email address
That way would give ultimate flexibility to cover everyone’s needs without breaking the current global setting (as the outbound email template setting for sender email would default to the global option).
I think this would really help us - what do others think?