Preview client area

Hi,
There used to the option to preview the client area. One was after clicking save on the customising the client area page, as descript here:

Where can I see my changes?

Any of the settings configured here will be adopted by the client area instantly on save. When you save your changes you will see a link which will pop open a new preview window.

…and one used to be on the client page inside the contact field, as descript here:

You can also Impersonate any of your saved clients from the respective client detail screen. This will allow you to simulate their experience when they access your client area. The client area will only be accessible for those clients who have a saved contact, I.e. contact name and e-mail.

But both option are gone on my account or do I miss something?
That is how it looks on my account:
Contact

Thanks

Think you misunderstood the second example. It says click this impersonate client button at the top of the client detail page. image

1 Like

Hi Lurch,
Thanks for your reply. Now I can see it too. I think I have to clean my glasses better :rofl:
Thanks again

1 Like

Hi Lurch,
It looks like quickfile is not coming back to me. Can I may just ask you about the link which should appear on the client area customisation page after clicking the save button - do you see a link there on your account as descript (below) within the knowledge base.

Any of the settings configured here will be adopted by the client area instantly on save. When you save your changes you will see a link which will pop open a new preview window.

Thanks

Hi @rhc

Can I just double check where you see that quote, please?

The best way to preview the client portal is to impersonate a client directly. This would show you exactly what they see.

Hi QFMathew,
Thanks for your reply.
Yes, thanks to Lurch I found the impersonate button on the client page.

In the link below, quite at the bottom, under “Where can I see my changes?”, there you can see the impersonate option and the option on the client area customisation page after clicking save.

Thanks @rhc. We’ve updated the guide to reflect this.

This topic was automatically closed after 7 days. New replies are no longer allowed.