Project Management / Time Tracking

Hi,

I really like QF as Bookeeping software, its extremely well designed and intuitive to use. However, if it had some basic project management or even just simple time-tracking abilities this would make it a complete Business Tool package and would negate the need for 3rd party Project Management software.

As a Web Developer I would really appreciate the ability to track several projects at once and link projects/tasks to payments from clients.

Is this something the QF developers have considered?
If there was enough demand for such a feature could it be implemented?

Would appreciate any thoughts on this,

1 Like

It’s definitely something we’ve considered and it’s on our development schedule for 2014, hopefully Q1.

I’m pleased to say that we have now released a project reporting system, you can find out more about this here:

Projects in Quick File

Time-tracking will be linked into the existing project reporting tools at a later date.

Thats fantastic, thankyou developers! Will really appreciate the time-tracking when it comes too.

Does it only work for Paid Invoices, tried adding atag to a Draft invoice but it didnt save.

If the invoice is Draft it won’t factor in any of the calculations. If you convert it to SENT or lodge a payment against it then it will show under the sales total.

Hope that helps!

Hi Glenn
Is there any update on when time recording is going to be implemented?
Thanks
Jacqui

I’m afraid it’s not something we’re looking at right now, we may revisit in Q1 of 2015.

We are a welding services company. It would be nice if there were a time sheet/job sheet week could send to our customers to get signed off. Also we have large estimates/orders with monthly invoices being deducted from the estimate/order is there a way of automatically showing the remaining amounts? Thanks Ben