Prompt for Power User Subscription

Hi - I am slightly confused as I thought I was using a free service and it appears that suddenly I need to pay to use Quickfile otherwise my account will be deactivated? I can’t use any function on my account at all without any prior warning. Please help and explain as soon as possible…

Many thanks, Natasha

Hi Natasha,

We introduced the annual Power User Subscription fee of £45 + VAT in December 2015, which was communicated via various channels.

In summary, we rank accounts by size based on the number of nominal ledgers they have created within the last 12 months (this is a rolling period). Any account with 1,000 or more ledger entries, would be required to purchase a Power User Subscription to continue using QuickFile.

However, it’s not our intention to lock users out of their data. All accounts are given the option to defer this providing they haven’t done so already. The deferral link can be found on the left hand side of the payment notification once you’ve logged in.

You may also find these topics useful:

http://community.quickfile.co.uk/t/account-size-explained/8781

http://community.quickfile.co.uk/t/how-to-determine-what-items-make-up-your-ledger-count/9384

http://community.quickfile.co.uk/t/how-do-i-check-the-size-of-my-account/9317

If you have any further queries, please don’t hesitate to ask here, or for more account specific queries, please feel free to send me a private message (click my name and then ‘Message’).

1 Like

Hi - I wrote last week regarding this subject but no one has answered me. This is a very important message - you are usually so efficient at responding quickly. PLEASE HELP ME.

I can’t access our account. It was my understanding that I was using effectively a free service yet I have not been able to access our account for over a week now.

Please can you explain the situation to me - as there is limited information on the page requesting fees.

I look forward to hearing from you soon

Many thanks,

Natasha

Hi Natasha,

I’ve merged your new post with the original topic (above). We respond to you within 6 minutes of your post.

Hopefully the post above addresses the questions you’ve raised, but please don’t hesitate to ask any further questions.

I’m so sorry that I didn’t see this and thank you for responding so quickly last time.

I understand completely.

Many thanks and kind regards,

Natasha

We don’t need the Yodlee Bank Feeds - I’m happy doing that the way I am doing it for now.

I haven’t selected to pay for that but it is automatically adding the amount.

How can I opt out of this charge?

Many thanks,

Natasha

No problem at all!

You should see a checkbox to select which services you wish to purchase, similar to this:

The Yodlee feed is completely optional, so just ensure it’s unchecked and you won’t purchase it.

Let me know how you get on :slight_smile:

Got it - thank you!

I was confusing the VAT and the Yodlee fee as they are the same amount!

Can we purchase it at a later date if we would like it later on?

Of course! Any subscriptions can be found under Help >> Additional Services >> Update or add a new subscription

We will keep your expiry dates the same, so the Yodlee feed will then expire the same time as the Power User Subscription. So although the Yodlee feed will show up as £15.00 (+VAT) today, we will pro-rata this to keep the expiry dates aligned.

Amazing - thank you so much.

1 Like

Hi @QFMathew

I’m also being asked to upgrade my account for this accounting period as I have reached the limit of the free account. I am happy to upgrade to support QuickFile as you provide an excellent service.

However, for my next 12-month period, there will be a big reduction in transactions as I’ll be taking time off away from this business.

My question is, if in the next period my transactions drop down to the free account size, I assume I won’t need to pay for the upgrade in the next period?

Hi @JVE

The nominal ledger entry count is based on a rolling 12 month period. So if when it comes to your renewal date the ledger count has dropped below 1,000 entries, the subscription becomes optional.

We recount your ledger entries once every 2-3 days, and you can see a breakdown of the count by going to Account Settings >> All Settings >> Account Usage Report

Hope that helps!

@QFMathew Thank you, that helps. I’ve actually checked today and my account has dropped back below 1000 so therefore I won’t need a subscription at this stage. Thank you for the quick response & support.

1 Like

Hello
I have also been locked out of my account which I am certain does not have 1000 ledger entries (I may be wrong, but I can’t get in to my account to see).

I don’t want or need the Power Subscription, but I cannot see the deferral link you mentioned about (this was a few years ago).

thanks
Claire

If you can’t log in and it is asking you for the renewal of the subscription then you must be over the 1,000 entries. If you were under 1,000 entries it would just ask for a renewal while still allowing you to log in.

Thanks, it would have been nice to have had a warning, as I don’t have the funds to pay this amount and now no way of invoicing clients to raise any funds.

An email does get sent to the account administrator email when the subscription is due for renewal and you do get prompted before it expires when you log in.

Just checked and I haven’t received anything. Not to worry, I will have to work it out somehow. Thanks for your quick reply

Hi @ClaireB

We’re happy to check to make sure this email was sent for you if you like. Just drop @QFSupport a private message with your account number, and we’ll take a look :slight_smile:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 6 days. New replies are no longer allowed.