Purchase Invoices - Quantity Field

Hi, not sure if anyone is watching this still, but is still causing me a massive amount of work to get around this issue

Isn’t easiest way to raise a purchase order? With a couple of clicks your can convert this to the purchase invoice. Purchase order allows qty input. You don’t have to actually send the PO.

1 Like

Hi, thanks for your reply
why would i want to do a PO, and then convert to invoice and then loose all the information anyway?
IF QF can do quantity in PO why cant they do it in PI ?

we all pay for a package that never gets any updates or anything we need…

Hi @jpitsolutions

We are more than happy to consider all feature requests, but many of them are based on community demand to help us allocate development resources effectively. This isn’t a topic that’s forgotten about - we regularly review feature topics when adding considering new features.

We also release regular updates (the last update date can be found in the footer of your account, which is 5th November at the time of writing). But like most online platforms, quite a few updates relate to ensuring the software continues to run smoothly for all our users, and not necessarily a visual update that you can see.

As soon as we have any updates here, we will update this post.

2 Likes

@jpitsolutions, just saying what we do. I don’t appreciate your problem as I honestly don’t understand your, ‘We don’t have a clear cost per product as we are multiplying q and value in the purchase invoice’, sorry. You can input qty and price per unit in a PO, convert to a PI and you can look at either anytime in the future. We write qty in the description field of the PO if needed which is passed onto the PI. It’s certainly not ideal. I guess you need more powerful software if you want to do stock management. Quickfile has been written for book keeping; if you ask me, there hasn’t been a priority in front end purchasing (e.g. basics missing like no quotation reference field on the PO generator).

Just adding a “me too” to this request.

I’d like to be able to represent my purchase invoices in high fidelity so I can refer to them in QuickFile knowing it says the same thing as the paper invoice does, and that includes QTY and UNIT COST columns.

I can obviously add qty and cost to the description field for reference, but I’d prefer it if the UI supported these fields natively.

2 Likes

Here’s a me too - especially for rebilling.

1 Like

Yes, I still think this would be a very useful feature!

1 Like

Please bring Purchasing in line with Sales, ie Purchase order qtys, inventory items etc

2 Likes

Would defiantly benefit from a quantities section.

3 Likes

Would be handy when entering mileage - one could simply enter the rate (e.g. 45p per mile) + number of miles (e.g. 10 miles), without having to calculate the amount somewhere else. It would also be handy to have “stock items” just like on sales invoices - so one could preset items such as parking, mileage, etc. and link them to the corresponding accounts (e.g. Travelling for the two). It’s then easy for a non-finance director to login to Quyickfile, create an expense invoice, select the right item, type in the rate and the quantity.

1 Like

This is already there, but for some reason it is hidden in a sub menu at the bottom of the purchases menu under Purchase Orders.

Thanks, Lurch, that’s useful, but it only works for purchase orders, not for purchase invoices. Also, it’s quite awkward to use on POs, as one needs to click on the search spyglass first, and then enter a search term… it’s much more intuitive and quick on the sales invoices where the search is automatic and within the Category column.

1 Like

I agree that the current system is counter intuitive. Also in many cases a purchase order is redundant. Nothing that I do involves sending my own PO to a supplier. Physical purchases are normally made through the suppliers’ own web sites.

The lack of a quantity and price per item field on PIs is a trivial annoyance and for me there are far more important things for QF to work on but it is still a minus point, albeit a very tiny one.

Some of us use purchase orders daily with many different suppliers.

For anyone wanting this feature, click vote at the top of the page (left-hand side of the title) :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Does anyone know what number of votes you have to reach so that changes can be made?

Also, i would have thought since the feature is already in existence in the sales section, it could easily be duplicated over to purchases?

The request was made more than 2 and half years ago and im sure more users could do with having this feature along with the item field in purchases.

Thanks

Hi @rubaba

The votes only play one part in deciding whether an idea is implemented. There are other factors, such as the technicality of the changes, which are also considered. But we do actively review topics with community interest.

As mentioned above, taking technicalities into account, it may not be as straight forward as adding another box for this to be supported. But when an idea is investigated further, our development team will be able to advise on the feasibility of this.

As with all changes, we’ll keep you posted.

1 Like

Hi, any update on this please? don’t see many developments these days, and a quantity in purchase field would be a massive benefit.
cant see how a PO has the quantities, and then when converted to a PI, it then looses all the information
Is this even considered as a development?

Hi @jpitsolutions

There’s plenty of development on-going, although admittedly not all of it is visual. Some of it takes place behind the scenes to ensure QuickFile continues to run smoothly.

This request is still a request, there are no updates here. When it’s under consideration we’ll move it to the relevant category and update it here so everyone is aware of the situation.