QuickFile Sponsored Accountants

I enquired about an online accountant (via the QuickFile tab) for limited company year end accounts and asked if the directors dividends were included, I got a very nice email back saying they weren’t but could be for a small fee of £35 which sounds good. It then went onto say that there was a monthly option of something like £22/month for a full service and would never need an accountant again and if I wanted a bookkeeping service that was another extra and I must switch to Zero Accounting Software which is a further £20 plus, plus depending on what package. That’s the rub! Why is a sponsored accountant from QuickFile promoting Zero Bookkeeping, Im on QuickFile because of the fantastic no monthly fee and extras. I don’t think a ‘sponsored’ service form QuickFile should have accountants poaching customers or is there something Zero can do with regard to bookkeeping that QuickFile can’t do?

Dividends are for shareholders not directors, a company can have director who is not shareholder and shareholder who is not a director. You can now create dividends vouchers in QF itself Dividends

@MTA that certainly shouldn’t be happening. I will drop you a private message on here to discuss further.

I’m assuming the op was referring to filing their S/A to declare the dividends taken. That’s what id assume they meant given there wouldn’t be the need to charge for something qf already does.

Does sound fishy tho. And very cheap for a full service.