QuickFile subscription - why am I being prompted for one?

Hi i have been using quickfile for a few years and was surprised to see that you are now asking for £45 to continue using the service. I am a very small business of under £3k yet you are saying I am a medium sized business and are demanding payment. I have just paid an accountant that i got through quickfile and now I have to pay again. I just dont understand. can you check my account as there may have been some mistake?

Hi @Linda

The pricing for QuickFile works on the number of nominal entries created in your account within the last 12 month period (rolling). So for example, as of today, we would count all nominal entries created from 19/04/2017 until 18/04/2018.

Nominal entries are made up from several parts of your account, including bank entries, invoices and journals. Depending on the number of entries in the account, depends on where your account falls in terms of the categories. L and XL accounts are required to have the subscription as per this page. We also allow all accounts to defer the notification so you can still access and/or download your data (without any restrictions), or simply check out the breakdown of your accounts size.

If your account is classed as Medium (or ‘M’), then you certainly shouldn’t be seeing the notification for this charge - I will send you a private message shortly to get a few details from you and check this for you (please look for a green notification in the top right corner).

You may also find the following articles useful:

I hope this helps.

[Edit]
I also just wanted to add here, that if you have recently linked with an accountant through QuickFile, and this job is still on-going, you shouldn’t see the notification during this period - your account remains active and accessible for this purpose.

This topic was automatically closed after 7 days. New replies are no longer allowed.