QuickFile+Zapier+Sms

Hi, I’m trying to use Zapier & ClickSend to send a text message to a customer to let them know a invoice has sent to there email.
I’ve set all 3 products and Zapier says it’s working! But when I sent a new invoice it didn’t send a text and Zapier hasn’t been triggered!
Has anyone had this problem? Any suggestions to I might be doing wrong? is it possible to do?

Thanks in advance
Steve

Hi @Banger

You should be able to test the zap as you’re setting it up. Is everything working as expected or does it give you any errors?

I did the tests as I went through and all is ok but when i sent a invoice by email nothing happened to get a text. When I checked Zapier theres no tasks in the history and the same in ClickSend?

Steve

Are you using the “New Invoice” trigger? This is triggered when the invoice is created rather than sent, so using the “send by email” option wouldn’t trigger this with Zapier.

There’s isn’t a trigger at the moment for an invoice being “sent”, but we can certainly consider adding this.

Thanks for your reply, it would be better to zap when sent but until then, when created can work

I just created an invoice and no Zapier? Have I done something wrong/missed something?

Steve

@Banger - I’ve asked a developer to take a look into this as I’m not sure why this is this case.

I’ll let you know once I hear back.

1 Like

I’ve just noticed that the PUS trial that was added to my account to try this is due to run out today, is it possible to extend it as I haven’t been able to do what I was hoping to yet as you will know from the forum, it’s is something that I’m hoping will work because it will make a big difference.

Thanks

Steve

Would the reason its not working be that QuickFile is not letting the phone number be used?

Steve

Hi @Banger

This should now be working as expected, although please let me know if this isn’t the case.

I have asked someone to review the free trial for you.

Are you seeing any error messages when the phone number is rejected? What point in the process are you seeing this?

There’s also a topic on SMS within QuickFile, which can be found here: SMS Text Alerts to Customers. This may be of some interest to you.

When I look at the sample invoice in Zapier that gets pulled in I dont see the phone number.

Steve

The phone number is related to a client rather than an invoice, so this wouldn’t be supplied as part of the invoice data.

You may be able to set up a multi-step zap and search for a client when the invoice is created, although I’m not sure if this will give you what you’re looking for.

It may be best to approach this as a standalone app rather than using Zapier, and this would give you better control over the data you request and when you request it.

@Banger - Apologies for the delay with this, but we have now released an update which should address the issue of Zapier not being triggered.

Thanks for getting back to me.
When I 'm in Zapier and it pulls in the sample invoice I’m still not seeing a phone number!?
I can see

Recurring_Expire_Date

Total_Tax_Amount

Total_Gross_Amount

Invoice_Number

Document_Type

inv

Payment_Terms

Payment:

Bacs; Lloyds TSb

Sort: xx-xx-xx A/c xxxxxxxxxxx

Payment within 7 Days. Thank you

Description

test

Recurring_Interval

Client_Email

xxxxxxxxxxxx@xxxxxx.com

Client_Company_Name

Samples Test

Due_Date

2018-10-05 12:00:00

Recurring_Start_Date

Language

en

Recurring_Frequency

Notes

Client_VAT_Number

Total_NET_Amount

Client_Address

xxxxxx
xxxxxx
xxxxxxxx

Issue_Date

2018-09-28 12:00:00

Client_Contact_Name
XXXXXXXXXX
Exchange_Rate
Purchase_Reference
Is_Recurring_Invoice
False
Date_Created
2018-09-28 03:36:58
Id
Currency_Code
GBP
Invoice B

Apologies for any confusion - the issue I was referring to was a delay in Zapier being triggered when something happened on QuickFile, which you reported above.

There hasn’t been any changes made to the data sent to Zapier.