Running a repair shop

Hi, firstly I got to say this is a cracking system I love it.

I just have a problem, I run a repair shop where customer’s drop off their item and I book it in and would like to enter their phone number without having to create them a login area. Just entering a client does give me a field for a phone number. Is there a way round this?

Regards Lee.

1 Like

A log in area is only created if you enter contact details, creating a client alone doesn’t create a log in area.

Hope that helps?

You can still add a phone number without needing to add a contact.

The phone number option however is available only when the client has been setup, I don’t believe there’s a way to add it on creation from the invoicing screen (unless it’s the number associated to a contact).

Go to any client and open their detail screen. Then click the button to Modify Client Details.

You can then add the number in the appropriate field.

When you add here it’s only for reference purposes, you can’t bring it onto the invoices/quotes. If you want to do that you’d need to add the phone number to the notes section when creating a new invoice.

2 Likes

Hi and thanks for your reply,

Yes that will work ok (although two steps are required to enter the phone number), I think it’s because I deal with a single customer and not clients as such. Is there any problem with adding a customer as a client?

Sorry for being daft but I’ve just moved over to quickfile and I like it a lot but I want to make sure things are going to be ok for me.

Thanks again.

Just wanted to clarify this point:

The phone number option however is available only when the client has been setup

You can record it during the creation process, if it’s done via the New Client screen (which looks like the modify client screenshot above).

I’d say client and customer can be used interchangeably in this situation, although, depending on who you ask, there are different definitions

You are correct, it’s available if you take the route from the dashboard which will use the full form (same as update).

But if you create the client from the new invoice screen it will not be available.

1 Like

A post was split to a new topic: Option to add phone number for client on creation

This topic was automatically closed after 7 hours. New replies are no longer allowed.