Segmented Profit and Loss - Show data for more months

Hi

I was wondering if it would be possible to add greater flexibility on the Segmented Profit and loss

Currently you can chose Quarters, Monthly (6 months) yearly (year by year comparison)

We basic would like to be able to show 12months on the monthly break down or even better have the same analysing tools you have on the other reports. such as account year month by month, Qs, Yearly or custom date range.

It would be far nice than me having to go to profit & loss and export each month separately then put them together

2 Likes

Hi @mathump3

I think the biggest issue with having a full 12 month view would be the space on the screen.

However, I’ll leave the topic open and we’ll revisit this if there is enough interest.

I did actually run into this problem myself recently.

One solution would be to allow for a larger period in the CSV export. Would that work?

2 Likes

3 posts were split to a new topic: Comparison to previous years on reports

This would work for me - alternatively show columns collapsed and allow them to be expanded on screen

We’ve extended to 12 months now on the CSV output. We’ll look shortly at doing the same for years and quarters.

Just a quick update here, we have now extended the monthly view to cover 12 months. The yearly view will now cover 4 years.

Hope that helps!

Hi Glenn
This is great, and i just checked it out.
Where i mention P&L in my message below i mean segmented P&L.

I noticed that when i segment it by years, it follows the accounting years that i have set i.e. 1st April to 31st March each year.

However quarterly and monthly segmented P&L is following calendar years i.e. Jan - Dec.

It will be good if quarterly and monthly can also follow accounting years set in the system.

Thank you

This topic was automatically closed 4 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.