Sole trader expenses spreadsheet

Sorry to be such a numbskull … I am looking for a way to move from my Excel spreadsheet to start recording my expenses in Quick file. I can figure out how to “log an expense” but really looking for a spreadsheet or similar to log expenses for the whole tax year.

Thanks

Hi @Dawny,

Importing your spreadsheet will probably be the best thing to do. If you follow this questionnaire it will help you get the right guides for what you want to do: https://www.quickfile.co.uk/home/startup

Are you referring to allowable expenses (which would be deducted off your sales to get to net profit)? Typically these would include advertising, bank charges, insurance, tools & equipment etc. I raise an invoice on the relevant supplier and post to the appropriate nominal from the overheads area (7000 - 9999) in the chart of accounts. These costs appear on your p&l account.
You might also have use of private vehicle for business. This is handled differently and there is a section on this Business mileage expense

This topic was automatically closed after 7 days. New replies are no longer allowed.