Subscription query

Hi - I need to pay my subscription as I am in a deferral period. The options given seem to be ‘update’ or ‘new subscription’ which takes me to ‘Power User’. I don’t need this, I just want the regular user option. How do I pay for this (without losing my data!)
Thanks,
Alex

“Power user” is the regular option - QuickFile originally introduced the power user subscription as something that advanced users could choose to buy to access additional features, subsequently they made it so that a power user subscription was compulsory for any “L” or larger accounts that are not tied to the Affinity platform, while leaving “M” and smaller accounts subscription-free.

Thank you. Since I don’t have a separate business account, presumably I can reduce the total number of ledger entries by deleting all the personal transactions from my imported bank statements - is that right, or have I misunderstood the nature of a ledger entry?

That would certainly reduce the number of entries. The ledger count on which account size is based is the total number of entries in all your nominal accounts over a 12 month rolling period, so it’s not quite as simple as the number of bank account entries.

Each bank transaction typically creates two nominal entries (one on the bank account and one on the “other side” of the transaction, e.g. the creditors control account for payments to a supplier), though a “transfer between accounts” would only be two in total rather than two for the source and two for the destination.

Each sales or purchase invoice is at least two nominal entries - one for the creditors/debtors control account for the invoice total, and one for each category on the sale/purchase (“general purchases”, “general sales”, etc. - multiple lines with the same category bundle up into one nominal entry but different categories are split), plus one more if you are VAT registered for the sales/purchase tax control account.

That’s the bulk of it, there’s also journals which generate one nominal entry per journal line.

So they add up quicker than you think - one fully-paid-up sale or purchase is at least four nominal entries, so five of those per week times 50 weeks per year hits the 1000 limit on its own before you’ve added in any bank transfers, journals, multi-line invoices or VAT.

Thanks Ian, that’s a very helpful explanation.

Alex

@alexr - just to add to @ian_roberts’ posts, you can check how your account size is broken down by viewing the Account Usage Report:

Account size explained

This is updated once every few days, but we show when it was last updated as part of the report. This should hopefully give you a good idea about how your usage adds up in relation to the size of your account.

This topic was automatically closed after 7 days. New replies are no longer allowed.