Transfer between Bank - Different dates

Yep that was my concern. To be honest I’ve no issue or working like that it’s more the randomness of it happening (or not) - I’d far rather QF prompted to say it hadn’t found a matching transaction BEFORE it created one - it would save a lot of tome - for me anyway!

I’ll be honest I wasn’t fully aware about this, but upon further investigation it seems there’s an exception to allow matches that are 1 day apart. It doesn’t create a temporary inbalance as the contra entries for each transaction are posted to suspense and they don’t get removed for bank transfers. So the suspense entries keep the accounts balanced for that interim period.

There’s a good case for extending this window beyond 1 day, however it’s not a good idea to have those transitory balances sitting on suspense for a long period of time, as that will interfere with the profit and loss report.

I will create a ticket to look into this further so we can possibly extend the time, but then use a different interim code so it can stay on the balance sheet.

1 Like

Thanks. Do you also agree it would be good to be told that QF is about to move a non-matching transaction before it does it ?

Really would save a lot of hassle - in my view.

Thanks

Regards
Ross

Hi @Vistaro

Generally any changes like this are best to be proposed as a #feature request, so other users can add their comments too.

If you’re stuck with anything though, please don’t hesitate to let us know :slight_smile:

I’ve updated this thread to a feature request (as there’s already some detailed discussion)… We’ll track from here.

I have done this to handle transfers between current and credit card accounts which are often a day out. I created a “CC Suspense” account and use it as the contra for both transactions.

So far it has worked perfectly.

Hi, Yes, that works fine, just trying to save time by automating it and saving the need for additional transactions

OK we have now updated the bank transfer handling to allow for match suggestions that extend to +/- 5 days from the transaction date. This should help with those situations where the debit and credit dates differ from one account to the other (e.g. PayPal, Amex and other payment processors).

If you select a bank transfer match that is not on the same date, the interim balance will now be posted to a balance sheet code called “Balance Sheet Suspense” (2997). This keeps those interim movements on the balance sheet as an asset / liability and makes it easier to track.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 7 days. New replies are no longer allowed.