Unable to submit VAT return - no submit button

Hi, please let me know why there is no VAT submission button on the VAT return page and how to solve this. Thanks, William

Hi @Vitaprocess,

Are you signed up to MTD? if so then you’ll need to follow this guide: HMRC Tax Accounts - MTD Returns

I think MTD is for big business, not for us. I submitted VAT successfully last time (3 months ago). But this time, it does not show the Submit button, only shows Rollback and Download buttons.

MTD applies to a number of businesses, but generally it’s those above the VATable threshold (currently £85,000).

If it’s showing as “Rollback” or “Download”, what does it say at the top? It should say something like “Saved” or “Submitted”

It says Saved. So what to do next? From the Saved file, I can only see the two buttons as mentioned previously, cannot find Submit.

If it’s “SAVED”, you will initially need to rollback the VAT return that’s saved by clicking “Rollback”.

Then, you will need to recreate the VAT return and ensure that the box to submit it to HMRC is ticked.

It has worked. Many thanks.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 7 days. New replies are no longer allowed.