UPDATES: Missing Document Scans

31st March - 10:50

One of the measures implemented to ensure that we do not have a repeat of what happened on the 21st is to provide a public schedule of all backups occurring within our SQL database and our file storage solution. We are pleased to announce that this page is now available here:

Public schedule of backups

We have also created a separate backup of our file storage solution where we run a synchronisation job every night to mirror the content within the primary file store location. This means that even in the event of accidental deletion we will always have a full backup to divert to. With that said, we will not be using any third-party software that allows such effortless deletion of files, as was the problem initially.

26th March - 10:38

We have now modified our Dropbox integration so that files imported from Quick File are never deleted from the source folder in Dropbox. Instead we are now moving every file to an Imported folder in Dropbox and prefixing the file with a time-stamp. More details on this update can be found here.

25th March - 18:09

For those using the iPhone App we are currently working on an update that will be deployed to the App Store in the next 1-2 weeks. This will allow all documents to be resent in one go, our automated tool will then reallocate everything. We will update users when this becomes available, in the mean time I would not recommend manually restoring these scans unless you only have a small number.

24th March - 14:31

We have now launched the auto-tagging tool. This can be accessed from the Receipt Hub.

If you get your original files back into the Receipt Hub and leave them in an untagged state, the tool will loop through these items and compare the new untagged items with the names of those files previously tagged. You can manually check the matches if you wish and then commit those items. We’ve published some general guidance on this here. Feel free to ask any questions within this thread or PM me directly.

24th March - 13:08

We have completed all out test scenarios and will be deploying the tool with instructions, at approx 14:30. We will update here once the tool is live.

24th March - 09:45

We are in the final stages of testing a tool for automatically matching any items uploaded to the Receipt Hub back to their previously allocated purchase invoices. I would advise users not to spend any time doing this manually, the tool we have developed will re-tag several hundred items in under 1 minute based on the file names and file size.

Getting the documents back in to the Receipt Hub depends on how they were originally sent to us. If you sent the documents via email to receipts@quickfile.co.uk you can go into your sent items and bulk forward them.

For Dropbox please undelete the last 30 days worth of files using with the Dropbox web interface, see here for instructions.

We’ve increased all upload limits to 250mb per day. We’ve also made the document archive service free of charge to use going forward.

Leave any documents untagged in the Receipt Hub ready for the tagging tool, we hope to make this available later today. We will update here when the tool is available to use.

This topic is now pinned. It will appear at the top of its category until it is either unpinned by a moderator, or the Clear Pin button is pressed.

Glenn, I am not seeing the tool in the receipt hub page

I can see you’re still uploading the files, let me know when you’re done and I’ll run it from my side. I think it’s not appearing in the Receipt Hub for you as you directly uploaded them to the purchases without using the Receipt Hub.

We are reloading all via dropbox, about 1/2 done now

Ok no problem, Dropbox pulls them over in batches so we’ll leave it a few hours.

Hi Glenn, ok its finished now

If you use Thunderbird as your email client you will need an add-on called “Mail Redirect”. Once you have selected any messages sent to receipts@quickfile you then have the option to “redirect” ie bulk re-forward them.

1 Like

Hi, I can see all my receipts from the past year on the iPhone app are still there. The only way for me to re-upload them into Quickfile is to send each and every one of them individually as an email attachment. Is there a way on your side to re-upload them all into Quickfile via the app and to match them? That would be very helpful.

Hi,
Thanks for the auto tagging tool.

Is there anyway to know though which entries in Receipt Hub have a PDF attached and which don’t? Does that make sense?

So if you currently go into Receipt Hub, you can see for example 10 tagged receipts. But the actual attached docs have been deleted. So have a little icon to let users know if they need to reupload a file for that entry or if it’s already been uploaded.

Because if I start reuploading a bulk folder of scans, I won’t know which ones still require an upload as they’re are all down as untagged.

Or maybe change all entries in receipt hub to untagged. Then once bulk uploaded, the auto retagging tool matches and remarks it as tagged?

Thanks your all your help through this incident!
Saf

I have read the report from Quickfile confirming that a Quickfile employee had
deleted the receipt records by accident on the 22nd March and I have checked our accounts and records as far back as March 2013 (1 year ago) are missing!!!

This is obviously a major issue to have a years worth of accounts receipts missing. I have read the advise about resending the emails to "receipts@quickfile.co.uk" and the computer will reattach! HOW FAR BACK DO WE NEED TO GO???

@drew1 I would recommend you go as far back as is convenient without expending a great deal of time on this. You can usually bulk forward all mails back to receipts@quickfile.co.uk but I would only go back a couple quarters. As long as larger receipts can be evidenced if required it is not essential that they reside on Quick File. Our matching tool will be able to link up the items you bring back into the Receipt Hub back to where they were. If you need any help please don’t hesitate to contact us. Once again I am sorry for the inconvenience, we are doing whatever we can to help users with this issue.

@alphapanda individually emailing the receipts from the iPhone app will not work with our auto-matching tool. Please hang fire on this, we’re going to try to work with our iOS developer to add a re-sync button in the iOS app. This will push all the receipts over in one go. We can then automatically match them to where they were previously tagged.

@Saf I will look at your account in a second to see what’s going on, I’ll probably PM you for more details.

Hi, I attach my copy Invoices by uploading from files set in individual company names from my computer I have not used the Receipt Hub, is there a quick way I can replace my lost copies? Many thanks

@accountsdept were you attaching them directly to the purchase invoices? If this is the case uploading them to the Receipt Hub will allow us to re-attach them as they were before. Do you have a Dropbox account? If so you can link this to Quick File and copy all the files into the Quick File Receipts Dropbox folder and they will gradually stream into the Receipt Hub in an untagged state. Once all the files are there then let me know and I can get them all matched as they were before.

Yes they were attached directly to the purchase invoice. We have no Dropbox account. Sadly there are
quite a few that would need to be done, is there a time limit? Or can I just copy the folder into Receipt Hub or
as individual Invoices. Many thanks for your help.

@accountsdept there’s no time limit. I would say just put all the files in a zip folder and email it us but the limit on file size attachments will not make this possible. If you can just put them in a zip folder for now I will do some research to see what the easiest way is to get these over to me. We can probably use a secure online service where you can upload them and I can then retrieve and restore to your account.

I will try to do the smaller suppliers day by day as I input more and leave the most used until you have done some more research.

@accountsdept I don’t want any of this to inconvenience you. If you want feel free to upload the zip to the document manager using the instructions here. If you decide to do this let me know and I will do the rest for you.

I have created a new request topic, suggesting a change to how DropBox files are handled.

The problem i have at the moment is that a lot of the receipts on QuickFile were downloaded directly from supplier websites (such as Telephone Bills, etc), and saved into the QuickFile folder on dropbox - many of these can not be replaced, as the supplier has removed them from their website (they are over 6 months old, etc.).

If it was possible for DropBox to move imported files into another folder, rather than delete them, that IMHO would be better.