What has happened to yodlee feed

my lloyds bank feed has stopped working and no longer gives the option of updating only of activating the bank feed . i have not received a request for payment which i would expect if the subscription was running out. please help
thanks
T

Hi @Termeek1

For a number of banks, the Yodlee feed has been deactivated and replaced by the Open Banking feeds.

There’s more information in our announcement, here: Migrating a Yodlee feed to Open Banking

1 Like

I’ve just come here to research the same issue!
surely you could have made qf show me a message to say I needed to switch the accounts over to open banking rather than confusing people and making them come here?

Hi Tom_Woods,

I’m sorry to hear about your issues with open banking feed. But there was a message from one of the co-founder of quickfile in August I think. Here is message I got:

You may have heard already about the Open Banking Initiative. It provides a new framework allowing account holders to control their data in a secure and convenient way. QuickFile have been at the forefront of Open Banking adoption, becoming FCA registered in 2018 and launching our first Open Banking feed in early January. We’re now providing Open Banking powered feeds for the largest UK banks including.

• Barclays
  • HSBC
  • NatWest
  • Royal Bank of Scotland
  • Lloyds
  • Santander
  • Nationwide
  • Halifax
  • Bank of Scotland
  • First Direct
  • Nationwide

You can now find a live view of Open Banking feed coverage and development status here.

Open Banking Coverage

Retiring Yodlee Feeds

With the new Payment Services Directive (PSD2) coming into force on 14th September , we will be switching off all Yodlee bank feeds where there is an Open Banking equivalent. If you have a Yodlee current account feed for any of the above named banks we recommend switching to an Open Banking feed before 14th September.

Savings and Credit Card Accounts

Currently a number of banks have not yet implemented support for savings accounts and credit cards. In such cases we expect you will be able to continue accessing those feeds through Yodlee after 14th September. Eventually the majority of account types will be brought into the scope of Open Banking. We will endeavour to provide the widest support available to cover all account types available within the Open Banking ecosystem.

Update 2nd September: Although the majority of the above listed banks are now supporting savings and credit card accounts, some have not yet connected these accounts to their Open Banking implementation. We are currently seeking clarification from Yodlee in regards to their ongoing support for these account types and will provide further updates in due course.

What about the Challenger Banks?

We now have direct feeds with a number of challenger banks including Starling Bank , Revolut and Tide . Several challenger banks are seeking to join the Open Banking ecosystem later this year. We’ll provide further updates on when these will be available in due course.

If you have any questions about Open Banking or any other aspects of PSD2, please don’t hesitate to comment below.

If you need help with switching from yodlee to open banking you can find more info by clicking the link in QFMathews post

1 Like

Continuing the discussion from What has happened to yodlee feed:

Hi I missed that email also! thanks for re printing it here, I have successfully connected my Lloyds account now, however i tried linking to open banking for the Santander account i use for a community interest company i set up and it came up with activating via Yodalee?? why is this, when it is listed as being one of the open banking feeds? I should already be receiving bank feeds via Yodalee for this account. please advise when i need to change to open banking for this or why it only offered Yodalee. thanks Teresa

Hi @Termeek1

It’s likely that QuickFile doesn’t know it’s Santander. If, from the bank statement view, you go to More Options >> Settings, you should be able to change the name of the bank there.

@Tom_Woods - I’m sorry to hear about your issues with the feed. We did post an announcement on the forum, and we added a message to all accounts that were using Yodlee feeds. This highlighted any banks that were linked with Yodlee but needed to be changed.

I was having the exact same issue with a Natwest account and doing this has fixed it and let me pick up the open banking feed.
Despite having setup an openbanking feed the ‘active feed’ option just repeatedly made me run through the yodlee setup. Why is the yodlee setup still there if it isnt supported for my account type?

I didn’t see the message. should it have popped up on the bank accounts in question?

Yodlee is still available for accounts where an Open Banking feed isn’t available. If we don’t know your bank, we’re not able to hide the option.

There were 2 - one at the top of the bank overview, and then one next to each account it would have applied to. I will see if I can hunt down some screenshots, but the message was removed around when the legislation changed (14th September).

Edit
I’ve managed to get hold of some screenshots of the warning messages that were on show in the accounts.

The first one appeared at the top of the bank management page:

The second appeared below any account using a Yodlee feed:
For reference, the “More info” link went to this guide: Migrating a Yodlee feed to Open Banking

hi Tom That was really helpful! i think I have managed to set up open Banking on the santander account now - i expect I will find out once i have done some transactions! truly grateful, another frustration cleared! have a great weekend!

thanks Mathew Tom Managed to answer thie Query, for some reason Santander was not listed as the bank. all sorted now,
many thanks and all the best for the weekend

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 7 days. New replies are no longer allowed.