Yodlee Fee

Hi,

Sorry if this has been asked before. I have had a quick look for an answer. So just that I can be clear, does Yodlee now replace the previously included banking feed. i.e. I now have to pay extra for a once free service?

I ask, as I have set up a new bank account and I’m not getting the Chrome feeds ribbon to plug in the details. My previous bank account feed it still working.

Hi @woter324

The old Barclays feed that we used to provide is not longer supported for new accounts. If you have it set up on an older account, this will continue to run as it stands.

We do also still support and maintain the chrome plug in.

What bank is this for? Providing you have the plug in installed, it should appear on any supported bank log in pages.

Hi,
That’s a relief. It’s for Lloyds Business.

Thanks

A.

Quite surprised at this. Were users notified of this?

@woter324 - Are you accessing Lloyds directly, or through the plug in option? I’ve just given it a quick go through the plug in, and the top bar has appeared all OK for me.

@Sameera - It’s come up a few times on the forums. But for reference, there is a post here relating to this. We also updated our knowledge base article with this, here. I hope that helps.

I’ve got the Chrome plugin to appear by killing chrome.exe and restarting.

The toolbar must be set correctly as it automatically logs me in to Lloyds when I click “login” on the toolbar, however, it’s been several days now and the nightly run is still not showing.

I have checked and rechecked the Import Key.

I recall a basic log that gave a hint to what might be the problem, but for the life of me, I cannot find it anymore.

Is there now a way to force the nightly run or do I still have to wait until 4am?

Any clues as to what I should check next?

Thanks

Please accept my apologies, but I’m not sure I’m following correctly here.

Do you have Yodlee on your account? If so, Yodlee will pick up any new transactions at around 4am each morning and import them into your account. This will work on the basis that your log in does not require a unique code at each log in, but rather a password or memorable word.

The chrome plug in is not an automated process and has to be run manually as it requires your web browser to be open. It will import data providing you ask it to.

Press F12 when you have Chrome open will open a developer’s console. If you tick the ‘Preserve Log’ button before using it, any errors are then normally displayed there.

Hi,

No, I don’t have Yodlee. I’m trying to use the Chrome extension (included as part of your service).

The chrome plug in is not an automated process and has to be run manually as it requires your web browser to be open. It will import data providing you ask it to.

It used to be automatic and in fact it still is for my Barclays account. I don’t have to do anything and it feeds in transactions without me manually doing anything. I know this because I can log in to QF on a PC without the chrome extension and I can see the previous days transactions. My only PC with the Chrome extension installed is powered off, so nothing is running in the background.

Press F12 when you have Chrome open will open a developer’s console. If you tick the ‘Preserve Log’ button before using it, any errors are then normally displayed there.

This isn’t what I mean. There was a table on a QF page that showed a basic log of the imports. I can’t remember exactly, but it would say something like success or error, with a little error message that helped work out what was wrong.

So have you degraded the Chrome Extensions functionality in an attempt to force me to pay for another service, or am I doing something wrong?

Thanks

W.

I think this is where the confusion is. The Barclays feed, while also available through the Chrome plug in as a manual update, is also a separate service for automated updates. We have effectively 3 feed services:

• Barclays automatic feed
    This is run by us in the background on a daily basis, but is no longer available for new accounts. This does also come with a little log (accessible by going to the bank account within QuickFile, clicking More Settings >> Bank Feed Settings).

• The Google Chrome plug in
    This is manually run by the user who has access to Google Chrome with the extension installed

• Yodlee
    This is either automatic or manual, depending on your bank and their login procedure. But this is manually run at around 4am each morning, where available.

The chrome plug in has never been automated as you are required to use a Google Chrome browser to access your banking pages.

I hope that helps

So in short, if I want Lloyds to automatically feed in the same way as Barclays does, I have to pay extra?

When I go to barclays.co.uk the Chrome plugin has:

• Capture from date
  • settings
  • Import Statement
  • ?

Whereas on lloydsbank.co.uk, I only have:

• Settings
  • ?

The extra options on barclays.co.uk come from “Barclays automatic feed”.

We don’t supply an automatic Lloyds feed ourselves, so yes, you would require a Yodlee subscription if you want this to be automated. Providing you can log in using a password rather than a unique number each time, then it should work without an issue.

The options vary from bank to bank depending on their own functionality. The Barclays automatic feed is not influenced or affected by the Chrome plug in any way - they are two completely separate services. We provide a Barclays option however on the plug in for the convenience of those who have it installed and prefer to run it manually, or for those with new accounts where the automated feed is no longer available.

This topic was automatically closed after 7 days. New replies are no longer allowed.