Additional supplier email addresses and contacts

Hi Everyone,

Just switched over to quick file and I am confused. Why is it that we can only have 1 persons contact details for the supplier, however, if its a client you can have multiple contact details. It is rather annoying as today I had to send a purchase order to more than one person from the same company but I could not do so as quickfile does not support it.

Secondly, please can anyone tell me how many countries are recognised by quickfile. I tried to create an account for a client who is from Kosovo, but it does not appear on the countries list.

Can anyone shed any light on the above.

Thanks

1 Like

Hi @rubaba

I’ve moved your thread into this existing request. You may wish to add your vote at the top.

Hi,

3 and half years on but still no solution? What is the point of having forums if suggestions about features which are a necessity are not being introduced? I would like to understand the logic behind having the feature for clients, but not for suppliers. I can’t imagine it being a developer/coding issue as the feature is already in use for clients.

Secondly, I asked a question regarding countries which has been ignored as the post has been merged. Please can you update regarding the countries list.

Thanks

1 Like

I must admit, I’ve been waiting patiently for this and would still love to see it!

1 Like

Hi @rubaba

The reason you can have multiple contacts for clients and not suppliers is down to a few things, such as you issue invoices to clients, but don’t to suppliers; and clients can log in to view their invoices, suppliers can’t.

We do actively monitor interest in these feature requests and take into account several factors when deciding what to implement. Community interest is part of this. Unfortunately, what may look straight forward on the face of it, isn’t as simple underneath in the actual code.

Regarding the country, I do apologise - I didn’t intentionally ignore this. I will double-check with a developer to see where this list originates.

Would be it a plausible workaround to set up a forwarding email address like supplier1@yourdomain.com which goes to multiple email addresses?

Mathew,

I appreciate that suppliers are not sent invoices, but as other members have mentioned, one supplier could have multiple email addresses, which when a purchase order needs to be sent to them, they have to be sent to all of the emails, which currently quick file does not support. This is quite the norm for businesses nowadays so quick file should also move with the times.

1 Like

Hi,

I wonder if there is any progress with additional email address for Purchase Orders ?

And here are 2 NEW asks :smiley: :

1. Would it be possible to save the ‘additional notes’ at the bottom of the Purchase Orders, to use it for the following Orders?

After the Purchase Order has been converted into a Purchase Invoice the ‘additional notes’ seem to not get through, from the Order to the converted Purchase Invoice. Is it anything you could do there please?

1. And maybe to be able to attach a pdf file to the Purchase Order ?

I need it for subcontractor couriers as they use almost identical, but not always, additional notes, and use values and specific dates that change partially every week. They are quite long notes :smiley:

Thank you much :slight_smile:

Hi @Tina_Sava,

It’s best to keep separate requests to separate #feature posts

I’ve found one with regards to the notes here: Purchase order default additional notes

And here’s one for attaching files: Purchase Orders - Attach files facilty

1 Like

Currently in Clients, we can have more than one set of contact details, but in Suppliers we only have one set.

Can we have the same facility to add more than one, please?

Thanks
Andrew

Hi @AKeech,

I have moved your post to the thread already asking the same thing to try and keep things in the same place.

I know this has been requested many times before but having the ability to add multiple email contacts for suppliers (as in customers) would be really useful. In this day and age, this functionality is really needed.

This really ought to be something that should have been implemented by now, it’s been requested several times by numerous people over a good few years now. I thought QuickFile listened to their users?

We lease an office from the local council and have a point of contact for the lease, which is stored against the supplier record, and they require us to send a remittance email to a different email once we have made payment by BACs.

At the moment, even though we’re paying for the Power User subscription, we’re not seeing any benefit from this, as we’re still having to carry out manual tasks such as this.

If you’re not listening to your customers/users about the features they actually need, please let us know, so that we can look elsewhere…

1 Like

I raised this request in June 2016 and it seemed so simple I thought it would be picked up and done. It would make it consistent with customer records, but more fundamentally, I would be a very useful feature for many to have.

1 Like

It really is ridiculous that something so basic and has been requested for so many years hasn’t been implemented. I can’t see how QF (@QFMathew @Glenn ) can wholeheartedly claim to take on board requests when something like this seems to just keep getting ignored. There are legitimate use cases for this…

Hi @Markus_Simpson

Please rest assured we do very much check the feature requests on here. Although some things which may seem basic on the face of it, can be quite complex behind the scenes and require more thought, planning and consideration.

Like many software vendors in our industry, we’ve had various changes to keep on top of which has taken priority - VAT and other changes following Brexit, MTD, open banking, general background updates, and so on.

But, watch this space, and hopefully we can share some news with you soon for this feature :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

You can now add additional supplier contacts to your supplier records

2 Likes

Thank you so much for implementing this!

2 Likes

Well done for adding this new feature …very much helpful.

2 Likes

Fab news, Thank you :smile: