Affinity export data and Delete client

Hi There

I have a number of clients on my Affinity that have ceased trading due to retirement or are now doing book keeping themselves.
The ones doing their own book keeping want their data sending over, how do I download it, to send it to them and does it include all the scanned copies attached?
Then where do I go to delete them off the Affinity portal please.
Thanks

Wibby4326

Hi @Wibby4326

You can trigger a back up of both the data and the documents from within the individual accounts. We have guides on there here:

There are 2 approaches to the deletion - it depends on your agreement with the client.

If you are the account administrator, the only way would be to delete them from within the account settings, which would completely remove all their data from our system (there’s a guide here: How do I clear my account?). This would automatically remove it from Affinity too, as there would be no account to link following that process.

The other option, is if you’re the admin, make another user the main administrator (Account Settings > Team Member), and then detach it from Affinity. If that’s already the case, you can just detach it. This doesn’t delete the account, but will break the link between you and their account, so you wouldn’t be charged for it. At the same time, they could retain their data in case they need it in the future.

I hope that helps, but if you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to let us know.

This topic was automatically closed after 7 days. New replies are no longer allowed.