Backup everything to a pdf?

Hi - I’ve just started with Quickfile and have managed to bring in all of the current year records - I have to say while it wasn’t simple, it wasn’t as bad as I feared !

I’ve imported scans and pdfs of all invoices and receipts so that the QF account stands as a complete record of all income and outgoings and I’m wondering if there is a way to dump off the entire year to a pdf as a backup.

What I think I’d like would be a full set of the reports, the bank accounts, then followed by all of the attachments, each attachment labelled with the QF reference. This would then get stashed somewhere safe in case of needing it for future years for HMRC investigations or whatever.

I can’t see a way to do that, am I missing something?

Thanks

Hi @Brian_1

Unfortunately an export as a PDF isn’t available, but we do offer an export of the account as CSV files. CSVs are more widely supported in terms of data portability, so they can be used to re-import data at a later date (or elsewhere) if needed.

There’s more information on this here: Create a data backup schedule

Regarding your attachments, this can also be done by following this guide here: Download an archive of your documents

It’s worth noting that a digital copy on QuickFile is more than sufficient when it comes to a HMRC investigation. As long as you can find things easily, it should be fine.

Hope that helps!

OK, thanks Matthew. Tbh, what I was looking for was some way to keep a soft copy with all the cross referencing, in case QuickFile disappears at some point in the future (!), but I guess CSVs should be enough.

This topic was automatically closed after 7 days. New replies are no longer allowed.