Convert Estimate to Invoice (Auto-Send) Tweak

It is a good feature that seperate default text for Estimates and Invoices can be set up in Invoice Customisation. However when selecting “Convert to Invoice” and then “Auto-Send Invoice” from the Estimate screen, the default text for invoices is not automatically entered in this field.

For us, and I assume many others, when customising estimates/invoices we use the “Default Estimate Terms” box to enter payment terms and the “Default Invoice Terms” box to enter bank details.

Surely it would make sense for this to automatically change when selecting “Convert to Invoice” and then “Auto-Send Invoice”

This seems to be the same “feature request”.

1 Like

Thanks it is. Didn’t find it in my search. Lurch is correct that it is probably the exception rather than the rule that like it how it is. If people want it to be the same then they could set the invoice notes to the same text as the estimate note or use the css text here to remove auto-send option which I have done and it’s a big help.

Hello @tc5440

Some changes were rolled out last night.

The box shown below was added to the Sales > Invoice customisation screen.

This allows you to choose what terms are used when converting an invoice from an estimate.

1 Like

QFSteve,

That’s great, thanks very much.

Nick

iwt technologies ltd
Wakefield, UK
+44 113 328 0330
accounts@iwttech.co.uk
www.iwttech.co.uk
image002.png

Sole UK & Eire Reps for

3 Company Logos.png