Deleting old data

Hi

I only run a small company, but I’ve already hit 1200 transactions. How can I delete the previous years data?

Many thanks
Mark

Hello @willcowd

If you are looking to delete data between 2 dates, it would need to be done manually.

However, if you were looking to delete all data entered onto the account previously, you can do so by following this guide.

It may also be worth doing a back up before deleting anything, although the back up can be a bit behind the live data (see this guide)

There are a few things to note here too:

• The nominal ledger count (for account size) goes by the date the entry was made into QuickFile, not the date it took place. An entry from 2015 that was entered yesterday would still count
  • Deleting data will affect your reporting (e.g. profit and loss, balance sheets), unless you create a journal to replicate it

Hope that helps!

If you’re asking this because you’ve been asked to pay for a power user subscription, then “deleting the previous years data” won’t necessarily help as the ledger count on which the subscription requirement is based is calculated over a rolling 12-month period. Deleting entries that were created more than a year ago won’t affect the M/L/XL status of your account.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 7 days. New replies are no longer allowed.