VAT - Not authorised to view this report

I am MTD registered, but I still receive the above error message on completion of linking the accounts.
Any help much appreciated

Hello @AAA

Have you received confirmation from HMRC that you were successfully registered for MTD?

Hi, I am getting the same issue. Signed up with MTD VAT 19th April and I confirmed everything (password etc.) on QuickFile. Tried to do my first VAT return 1st July for QE 30th June and I get this error. I cannot do anything from the HMRC online VAT web side as it says I am MTD registered and cannot access through QuickFile. I need to submit my VAT return VAT cannot. I have contacted the VAT people but no response after 3 days.

Hi @XYZZY

Have you received the confirmation email from HMRC for your MTD enrolment?

Yes all done.
“Sign up complete” received 10th April 2019.
“Change of VAT Direct Debit” email received a couple of hours later.
Entered VAT details into QuickFile and QuickFile said everything was Ok.

Did you successfully link your HMRC and QuickFile accounts?

Would you be able to give me a few steps to get to the page you’re seeing the above error on please, so I can take a look from our end?

Yes. That’s what QuickFile said - VAT account linked.
“Reports” -> “VAT Return” brings up https://vcsconsulting.quickfile.co.uk/reports/vatreturns
Click on “Create new VAT return” get “Connecting to HMRC” then:
" You are not yet authorised to view this report for the VRN 698086082 . Please ensure your VAT number is correct and you have connected the corresponding HMRC Tax Account. If you have recently enrolled on the MTD scheme please allow 24 hours for HMRC systems to update."
Way more than 24 hours. Correct VAT number.

Checked “VAT Setting” page and everything looks fine. I went through the account linking process in April and QuickFile said everything was ok.

The error usually refers to the account not being registered for MTD, but if you have had the email of confirmation from HMRC and still seeing the error message, the VAT helpline would need to advise on this from their end.

There are contact details on this page:

Yeah. Tried that at 08:00 Monday (to avoid the queue as that was opening time) and they were going to ring me back (three days and not heard anything). they were suggesting it was at your end :slight_smile: and you are suggesting it is at their end :slight_smile: and I cannot change settings at either end :frowning:

Do you possibly have more than one Government Gateway account (I know some people have one ID for their company and another for their personal Self Asessment)? If so you need to make sure you’ve linked the correct one to QuickFile.

Hi Mathews

I am having the same issue I have contacted HMRC Vat help line and they said everything is fine from there end it is an issue from software side any advise please.

Have you successfully registered and had the confirmation email?

Have you also made sure you’ve connected the correct account to QuickFile and connected for the company rather than an individual?

Hi Beth

Yes I have and I had the confirmation email from HMRC.

And yes I have double checked that correct account is connected to Quickfile.

Hi @mobeenbps

If you have connected the correct HMRC account, and successfully enrolled on MTD (and had a confirmation email), but still seeing the error, unfortunately, the error is likely to be on the HMRC end.

Typically any errors we show are returned to us by HMRC and we just show them to you.

I recommend speaking with the VAT helpline again and tell them the exact error you’re seeing (not authorised to view this report).

Hi Mathews
I will give one more try with HMRC.

Hi Mathews I just spoke to HMRC again they are saying that they cannot see any issue from their side. I need to check with my software if it’s linked to HMRC can you please give any advise on what to do in this situation Thanks.

Hi @mobeenbps,

This is the guide for making sure it is all set up correctly. Might be worth working your way through this to make sure you haven’t missed anything HMRC Tax Accounts - MTD Returns

Hope this helps :slight_smile:

Hi Beth

Thanks for sending this through I have updated all the settings again and this has worked this time :blush:

1 Like